Raise the Bar workshops last approximately 2 hours at NO COST to your establishment. The training is based on our research of the local behaviors patrons say they have experienced or witnessed and on evidence-based best practices of bystander intervention, social norms change, and sexual violence prevention. PCASA will provide all the necessary materials for the training and documentation.
PCASA will check in with bars to train new staff as necessary, update marketing materials and answer any questions that may arise.
During the 2 hour workshop, attendees will learn:
- The findings of our research
- Gain foundational knowledge of sexual violence/aggression
- Refine their observation abilities by analyzing body language
- Examine effective intervention strategies
- Discuss the development of house policies that reduce sexual aggression
- Discuss space safety issues
Once a minimum of 70% of your front-end staff has received Raise the Bar training, you will receive:
- A Raise The Bar window cling (renewed annually)
- All attendees will receive a certificate of completion for employee files
- Employees will receive a Certification Card (renewed annually)
- Employers will receive additional training as needed for new employees
- Additional marketing materials that reinforce prevention messages for their establishments
- Listing on the PCASA website as a Raise The Bar establishment in good standing (renews annually with training)