March 17, 2021
Terri Poore, the Policy Director for the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence joins PCASA preventionist Deb Bonner to discuss what a national response to sexual violence prevention would look like and what legislation the NAESV is keeping an eye on.
Topics covered include:
- Priorities for Addressing the Needs of Sexual Assault Survivors for the administration’s first 100 days
- What changes to Title IX would the NAESV like to see in the roll back of the changes Betsy Devos’ administration enacted
- What the NAESV feels are the most significant policy issues the military needs to address to eliminate Sexual Violence within their ranks.
- What is happening with the following legislation:
- Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act
- Hold Accountable and Lend Transparency on Campus Sexual Violence Act (H.R. 3381)
- Bringing an End to Harassment by Enhancing Accountability and Rejecting Discrimination in the Workplace Act or the BE HEARD in the Workplace Act (S. 1082/H.R. 2148)